Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Afghanistan
Afghanistan (33°00' North, 65°00' East) is a landlocked country in central Asia with a total area of about 652,000 square kilometers (km2). It is bordered by Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan to the north, China to the northeast, Pakistan to the east and south, and Iran to the west. It is characterized by its rugged terrain and an average elevation of 1,100 meters (m) above sea level, ranging from 150 to 8,000 meters. About three-quarters of the territory consist of mountains and hills, while lowlands include river valleys in the northern part, and desert regions in the southern and southeastern part.
Based on the hydrographic systems, the country can be divided into four zones:
- The northern basin (24% of the territory) with the Amu Darya and its tributaries (14%), which drain towards the Aral sea, and the rivers of northern Afghanistan (10%), which disappear within the country before joining the Amu Darya;
- The western region (12%) consisting of the Hari Rud river basin (6%) and the Murgab river basin (6%), both rivers disappearing in Turkmenistan;
- The southwestern basin (52%) with the Helmand river flowing towards the Sistan swamps, located on the border of Iran and Afghanistan. In 1972, a document was signed between Afghanistan and Iran to allocate a discharge of 26 meters per second (m/s) of Helmand river water to Iran all year round;
- The eastern Kabul basin (12%), which is the only river system having an outlet to the sea, joining the Indus at Attock in Pakistan.
Internal renewable water resources are estimated at 55 cubic kilometers per year (km3/year). The Kunar river, which originates in Pakistan, crosses the border with an average annual flow of 10 km3 and joins the Kabul river at Jalalabad about 180 km further downstream. The Kabul river flows again into Pakistan 80 km further downstream.
Total water withdrawal was estimated at 26.11 km3 in 1987, of which 99% was consumed for agricultural purposes. Recently, there has been a large development of groundwater use in some provinces.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Afghanistan’s water resources.
Afghanistan’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Wastewater Treatment Solutions in Afghanistan
Given Afghanistan’s dire wastewater problems, our wastewater treatment systems have been designed to answer these conditions that bring major health risks to its communities. The accumulation of wastewater is also a significant factor for environmental concerns.
Pure Aqua’s wastewater treatment systems are designed to improve these unwanted conditions through producing fresh and potable water for consumption, industrial use, and other applications. This will be done through our wastewater treatment systems unmatched performance in absorbing, treating, and evacuating all wastewater produced within the country.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Afghanistan:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
Water Treatment Applications
- Solar Panels
- Golf Courses
- Lithium Mining
- Water Stores
- Window Washing
- Boiler Feed
- Disaster Relief
- Drinking Water
- Fish Hatcheries
- Food & Beverage
- Ice Making
- Power & Energy
- Spot Free
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise