Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Kenya
The Republic of Kenya is situated on the East African coast on the equator. It is bordered by [[Ethiopia] and Sudan to the north, the Indian Ocean and Somalia to the east, the United Republic of Tanzania to the south, and Uganda and Lake Victoria to the west. The total area of the country is 580,370 square kilometers (km2). For administrative purposes the country is subdivided into 8 provinces and 70 districts. The altitude varies from sea level to the peak of Mt. Kenya, situated north of the capital Nairobi, which is 5,199 meters (m) above sea level.
There are five main drainage areas in the country:
- Lake Victoria, covering 8.0% of the country
- Rift valley and inland lakes, covering 22.5% of the country
- Athi River and coast, covering 11.5% of the country
- Tana River, covering 21.7% of the country
- Ewaso Ng’iro, covering 36.3% of the country
There are six hydro-geological formations, which influence the distribution and availability of the groundwater resources: Eastern quaternary sediment areas; Bedrock areas; Western quaternary areas; Volcanic rock areas in the Rift valley; Volcanic areas outside the Rift valley; Older sedimentary areas.
There is limited seawater reverse osmosis desalination mainly for the hotels along the coast.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Kenya's water resources.
Kenya's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Machine.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Kenya’s rural and urban areas are faced with unsatisfactory water supply, as the government failed to produce enough funds to provide any probable solutions. The shortage of water throughout Kenya leaves its women and children left to fend for themselves by spending at least one-third of their days travelling miles away to find water. Malnourishment, diseases, predation from wild animals, and other serious dangers are acquired as a result of this strenuous labor. The Kenyan population continues to be left unprotected from these problems, with a huge portion of the public being highly susceptible to water-borne diseases such as parasitic worms and cholera.
Water treatment solutions in Kenya
Pure Aqua provides affordable and environmentally friendly water purification machines to countries such as Kenya that possess water quality problems. Our job is to supply first-rate water purification machines and water filters which comply with national environmental standards and can be used for clean water production, recycling, irrigation, and other purposes.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of water filters, reverse osmosis and water softener systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize reverse osmosis purifiers and desalination machines to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Kenya:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise