Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Tunisia
Tunisia, officially the Republic of Tunisia, is the smallest country in North Africa. It is a Maghreb country bordered by Algeria to the west, Libya to the southeast and the Mediterranean Sea including Italy and Malta to the north and east.
The allocation of water resources is one of Tunisia’s most controversial environmental issues. Since independence, the state has gathered water resources by building dams and using reserves of water to meet the needs of Tunisia’s main water-consuming sectors: agriculture, tourism and industry. The amount of water resources highly depends on Tunisia’s yearly rainfall amounts.
The use of hydraulic resources in Tunisia has reached 95%, but there are still many regions suffering from water shortages. Rural areas particularly face this problem. Inhabitants of these areas must traverse large distances to find water, and the quality of the water is not always good.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Tunisia's water resources.
Tunisia's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Water Treatment Solutions in Tunisia
Pure Aqua’s water treatment systems have continued to be apart of Tunisia’s well-established water supply systems in its urban areas and rural centres. Tunisia’s huge number of wastewater treatment plants has increased in the last decade and we have manufactured our wastewater treatment systems to adapt well with these growing number of facilities. We have engineered water testing and monitoring instruments to ensure that the water quality of Tunisia maintains a high level for the purposes of effective irrigation, livestock feed, industrial use, consumption, etc.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Tunisia:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise