Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Bangladesh
Its major environmental issues include:
- Many people are landless and forced to live on and cultivate flood-prone land;
- Waterborne diseases prevalent in surface water;
- Water pollution, especially of fishing areas, results from the use of commercial pesticides;
- Ground water contaminated by naturally occurring arsenic;
- Intermittent water shortages because of falling water tables in the northern and central parts of the country;
- Soil degradation and erosion;
- Deforestation; and,
- Severe overpopulation.
Bangladesh is susceptible to droughts and cyclones; much of the country is routinely inundated during the summer monsoon season.
Total Renewable Water Resources: 1,210.6 cu km (1999)
Freshwater Withdrawal: 79.4 cu km/yr(3% domestic, 1% industrial, 96% agricultural)
Per capita freshwater withdrawal: 560 cu m/yr (2000)
Access to improved drinking water sources: 80% of population
Access to improved sanitation facilities: 53% of population
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Bangladesh’s water resources.
Bangladesh’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Media Water Filters, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Sea Water Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Media Water Filters, Chemical Dosing, UV Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softeners, Media Water Filters
Water Challenges & Treatment solutions in Bangladesh
Bangladesh consists of very limited access to secure drinking water and sufficient sanitation facilities in rural and urban areas. Furthermore, a condensed population, and few alternatives of safely disposing waste throughout urban centers all contribute to the sanitation and water quality problem in Bangladesh. Wastewater treatment in developing countries such as Bangladesh is difficult for diverse disadvantageous situations. The lack of quality education and an uncertain view of the country’s economics causes problems in executing advanced water treatment solutions. Additionally, waterborne diseases arise within urban villages due to the poor quality water and imperfections in wastewater treatment facilities causing harmful effects for the environment. Pure Aqua’s wastewater treatment systems provide the solution to handle Bangladesh’s urgent problems regarding wastewater management.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Bangladesh:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise