Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Ghana
Ghana is a nation of thirty million people in western-Africa, bordering the Gulf of Guinea, between Cote d'Ivoire to the west and Togo to the east.
Within Ghana is Lake Volta, the world's largest artificial lake by surface area (8,482 sq km; 3,275 sq mi)
Ghana's major environmental issues include:
- Recurrent drought in north severely affects agricultural activities
- Soil erosion
- Poaching and habitat destruction threatens wildlife populations
- Water pollution
- Inadequate supplies of potable water
Climate: Tropical; warm and comparatively dry along southeast coast; hot and humid in southwest; hot and dry in the north
Total Renewable Water Resources: 53.2 cu km (2001)
Freshwater Withdrawal: Total: 0.98 cu km/yr (24% domestic, 10% industrial, 66% agricultural).
Per Capita Freshwater Withdrawal: 44 cu m/yr (2000)
Access to improved drinking water sources: 82% of population
Access to improved sanitation facilities: 13% of population
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of water filtration and economical solutions based on the Ghana's water resources.
Ghana's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters
Water challenges in Ghana
The distribution of consumable water and sanitation facilities consists of several issues, such as low attainment of sanitation, inconsistent supply, extreme water waste and insufficient water pressure. The low amounts of sanitation system and inferior water quality causes major public health concerns in Ghana, including a high occurrence of waterborne diseases in Ghana. For instance, due to contaminated water and erroneous sanitation, Ghana has over a thousand children that die from treatable diseases such as diarrhea each year. The education of the population is also affected since students, especially girls, are forbidden from going to school because of the lack of sanitation facilities.
Pure Aqua water treatment solutions in Ghana
Due to the vast amount of wastewater outflow from the urban areas throughout Ghana, there is a great need for water and wastewater treatment systems in the country. Our water treatment systems incorporate the necessary features to provide fresh and potable water for consumption and other uses.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization drinking water requirements (WHO).
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Ghana:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise