Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Botswana
Botswana, officially the Republic of Botswana is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. up to 70% is covered by the Kalahari Desert. It is bordered by South Africa to the south and southeast, Namibia to the west and north, and Zimbabwe to the northeast. Its border with Zambia to the north near Kazungula.
Most dams on rivers have been constructed for urban water supplies or for livestock watering. The major dams are constructed on the larger rivers and some have required international agreements. It is considered that most ‘good’ sites for larger dams have now been used or are reserved for large water supply dams (for urban and industrial water uses), which are expected to be constructed in the near future. The smaller dams on smaller rivers currently suffer from sedimentation and irregular stream flows, making planning for use by irrigation difficult. Many earth dams built for livestock watering and irrigation (over 240 since 1970) have also suffered from lack of maintenance and many are now not in use.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Botswana’s water resources.
Botswana’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Facing a downturn in the economy since the 2008 global recession, Botswana has experienced continuous and extreme water shortages. Years of drought has diminished Botswana’s water quality, which has led to severe issues in the agriculture sector. Here are important features regarding water quality in Botswana:
- Most of Botswana’s water sources consist of surface water areas such as rivers, dams and underground water sources. Extracting enough water for consuming and other purposes creates several challenges in return to attainment and puts greater pressure on Botswana’s water reserves.
- Bad climate makes for even worse droughts and exacerbates the water quality crisis in Botswana.
- Botswana has looked to solve water stress issues with the restoration of existing water supply systems and the inclusion of more water treatment systems from sources such as Pure Aqua.
- Continued water treatment solutions have increased the availability of fresh drinking water for about 97% of the total population
- Access to quality sanitation has been greatly enhanced for more than 60% of the total population
Fortunately, Pure Aqua recognizes the problem Botswana faces and provides water treatment projects tailor made to address these issues. Our water purification systems are designed to restore the economy of Botswana and its industries with ultra pure water. We have full delivery capacities and service offerings that are accessible throughout the country and come with complete engineered water treatment solutions.
Pure Aqua is one of the leading water testing companies in Botswana that meets the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems in Botswana to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Botswana:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise