Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Libya
The Libyan Arab Jamahiriya has a total area of about 1.76 million square kilometers (km2). It is bordered in the north by the Mediterranean Sea, in the east by Egypt and Sudan, in the south by Chad and Niger, and in the west by Algeria and Tunisia. Four physiographic regions can be distinguished:
The Coastal Plains that run along the Libyan coast and vary in width; The Northern Mountains that run close to the coastal plains and include the Jabal Nafusah in the west and the Jabal al Akhdar in the east; The Internal Depressions that cover the center of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya and include several oases; The Southern and Western Mountains.
Annual rainfall is extremely low, with about 93 percent of the land surface receiving less than 100 millimeters per year (mm/year). The highest rainfall occurs in the northern Tripoli region (Jabal Nafusah and Jifarah Plain) and in the northern Benghazi region (Jabal al Akhdar), these two areas being the only ones where the average annual rainfall exceeds the minimum value (250-300 mm) considered necessary to sustain rainfed agriculture. Rainfall occurs during the winter months, but great variability is observed from place to place and from year to year. Average annual rainfall for the country as a whole is 26 mm.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Libya's water resources.
Libya's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Water challenges in Libya
Just like many other African countries, Libya suffers from extreme water scarcity. This issue has increasingly grown as the Libyan population continues to rapidly expand, including low rainfall and the greater demand for water in regards to industrial and agricultural use. Government policies aimed at increasing food production has resulted in further exploitation of brackish water sources for irrigation and even more diminished of other water sources due to the fact that most of the country's ground water sources are not renewable.
Pure Aqua water treatment solutions
Pure Aqua’s water treatment projects provides systems that will help resolve Libya water problems through effective implementations such as:
- Agricultural water treatment
- Brackish water reverse osmosis systems
- Wastewater treatment
- Efficient water management procedures
- Seawater reverse osmosis systems
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Libya:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
Water Treatment Applications
- Hydrogen Production
- Solar Panels
- Golf Courses
- Lithium Mining
- Water Stores
- Window Washing
- Boiler Feed
- Disaster Relief
- Drinking Water
- Fish Hatcheries
- Food & Beverage
- Ice Making
- Power & Energy
- Spot Free
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise