Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Albania
Albania is a nation of 3 million people in the Balkans region of Southeastern Europe, bordering the Adriatic Sea to the west and and Ionian Sea to the southwest, between Greece in the south and Montenegro and Kosovo to the north.
Albania's primary seaport is Durres, which handles 90% of its maritime cargo.
Its major environmental issues include:
- Soil erosion
- Water pollution from industrial and domestic effluents.
Total Renewable Water Resources: 41.7 cu km (2001)
Freshwater Withdrawal: 1.71 cu km/yr (27% domestic, 11% industrial, 62% agricultural)
Per capita: 546 cu m/yr (2000)
Access to improved sources of water: 97% of population
Access to improved sanitation: 98% of population
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Albania’s water resources.
Albania’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener Systems, Media Water Filters.
Water Treatment in Albania
Albania lacks a proper wastewater treatment apparatus that can handle the issue of contamination within drinking water through sewage leakages. The poorest segment of the Albanian population suffers the most from lack of access to clean water and sanitation, which has led to a high mortality rate. Pure Aqua has made it our mission to provide low-income countries with first-rate water and wastewater treatment systems that will increase the water quality and supply in all areas of life within Albania.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems to countries such as Albania that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Albania:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise