Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Djibouti
Djibouti is a nation of 975,000 people in East Africa on the Gulf of Aden at the entrance to the Red Sea from the Indian Ocean, part of the region known as the Horn of Africa. It is located between the nations of Eritrea and Somalia.
It has strategic location near world's busiest shipping lanes and close to Arabian oilfields. It is a terminus of rail traffic into Ethiopia.
Djibouti is mostly wasteland. Lac Assal (Lake Assal) is the lowest point in Africa.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Djibouti’s water resources.
Djibouti’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters
Water challenges in Djibouti
Water is a precious yet severely scarce commodity in the East African country, Djibouti. One of the most debilitating factors for Djibouti in regards to its water production is the lack of available water sources such as freshwater lakes or rivers. For this reason, the country is forced to depend on underground water tables, which are brought by rainwater harvesting and stormwater management. Since the last 2000’s, Djibouti’s urban and rural communities have endured the consequences of severe and consistent droughts. The low levels of rainfall has brought a resurgence of water aquifers, which albeit useful, are insufficient to completely replace the loss of these sources. As the drought continues, many other water sources such as wells and cisterns are made useless during the dry season. As a result, poor rural and city dwellers find it impossible to make a basic living, and are forced to leave their homelands and find sanctuary in urban locations.
Pure Aqua water treatment solutions
We can manufacture and customize water treatment and purification system to treat surface and river water; technologies include, ultrafiltration, ultraviolet sterilization, cartridge filtration and reverse osmosis systems.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Djibouti:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
Water Treatment Applications
- Electrolyzer to make H2 and O2
- Golf Courses
- Lithium Mining
- Reclaimed Water Treatment
- Water Stores
- Window Washing
- Boiler Feed
- Disaster Relief
- Drinking Water
- Fish Hatcheries
- Food & Beverage
- Ice Making
- Power & Energy
- Spot Free
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise