Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Cyprus
Cyprus is the largest island in the Eastern Mediterranean with an area of 9,250 square kilometers (km2). The main features of the island's topography include two mountain ranges, the Kyrenia in the north, which rises to 1,024 meters (m), and the Troodos in the center, rising to 1,951 meters. Between these two main mountain ranges lies a wide plain, the Mesaoria Plain, which rises from sea level to about 325 meters. Between the two mountain ranges and the sea there are narrow fertile coastal plains.
The area of the country currently under government control, to which this country profile and the accompanying tables will refer unless otherwise stated, is about 5,807 km2. The cultivable area is estimated at 165,433 hectares (ha), which is 28% of the total area under government control. In 1994, cultivated land amounted to 111,649 ha, of which 69,509 ha consisted of annual crops and 42,140 ha consisted of permanent crops. Most land is private. There are 51,300 farm holdings and according to the 1994 Census of Agriculture, the average holding size is 3.5 ha divided into 4.5 parcels of land.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Cyprus’ water resources.
Cyprus’ main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener Systems, Media Water Filters.
Our water treatment in Cyprus consists of providing clean water production in applications such as:
- Food & Beverage Water Treatment
- School Water Treatment
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Hotel Water Treatment
- Hospital Water Treatment
- Offshore Water Treatment
- Mining Water Treatment
- Marine Water Treatment
- Domestic Water Filters
Pure Aqua manufacture water treatment systems in Cyprus that meets the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Cyprus: