Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Ethiopia
Ethiopia, officially known as the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, is a country located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Eritrea to the north, Djibouti and Somalia to the east, Sudan and South Sudan to the west, and Kenya to the south. With over 91,000,000 inhabitants, Ethiopia is the most populous landlocked country in the world and the second-most populated nation on the African continent.
- Soil erosion
- Water shortages in some areas from water-intensive farming and poor management
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Ethiopia’s water resources.
Ethiopia’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
How is Ethiopia affected by clean water and sanitation?
- Water treatment in Ethiopia is essential to the quality of life for all of its inhabitants. Here are some ways clean water improves the well-being of a society:
- Greater availability to secure, endurable, and sufficient water supplies
- More access to upgraded sanitation
- Enhanced health-safety and hygiene advancement
- Combatting life-threatening diseases
- Creating substantial changes in educational attainment for women and girls
- Improved gender equality due to more involvement of girls in education
- Greater household income per capita
- Higher quality development of infrastructure for the future
Why is Ethiopia suffering from water shortages?
- Similarly with other third-world nations, the Ethiopian society depends on consistent rainfall for their water production and consumption. Periods where reliable rainfall existed were met with stages of economic prosperity due to high water availability. However, there have been many instances where drought have severely hampered economic growth and food production. These periods were met with massive famines that were responsible for the deaths of millions of men and women. Due to the country’s historically inconsistent rainfall sequences, the unpredictability of rainfall has remained an important factor in Ethiopian’s growth, and the development of its youth.
Sustainable Development Benefits
Besides enhancing the well-being of society and decreasing environmental health concerns, water treatment in Ethiopia will provide:
- Improvements in municipal economic activity by employing local workers to work within programs and water quality testing programs
- Encouragement and emancipation to poor communities to preserve clean and safe water routines by establishing an everlasting knowledge base in the area
- Incorporation of local supervision and monitoring structure to guarantee accurate filter construction and usage
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Ethiopia:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise