Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Yemen
Yemen is a nation in the Middle East, bordering the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Red Sea, between Oman and Saudi Arabia. It also includes Socotra, which includes four islands in the Indian Ocean, east of the Horn of Africa.
It has a strategic location on Bab el-Mandeb, the strait linking the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, one of the world's most active shipping lanes.
Its major environmental issues include:
- Limited natural freshwater resources
- Inadequate supplies of potable water
- Soil erosion
Total Renewable Water Resources: 4.1 cu km (1997)
Freshwater Withdrawal: 6.63 cu km/yr (4% domestic, 1% industrial, 95% agricultural)
Per Capita Freshwater Withdrawal: 316 cu m/yr (2000)
Access to improved sources of drinking water: 62% of population
Access to improved sanitation facilities: 52% of population
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
The average Yemeni has access to only 101 gallons per day (140 cubic meters of water per year) for all uses, compared to the Middle Eastern average which is 1000 m3/yr (1700 cubic meters per year internationally). Groundwater is considered to be the main source of water in Yemen but the water tables have dropped severely leaving the country without a viable source of water.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Yemen's water resources.
Yemen's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from rivers, lakes or freshwater wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Media Water Filters, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have a high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener Systems.
Water treatment solutions in Yemen
Pure Aqua provides affordable and environmentally friendly water purification systems to countries such as Yemen that eliminates water quality problems. Our goal is to deliver first-rate water treatment systems which comply with national environmental standards and can be used for clean water production, recycling, irrigation, and other purposes.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
- Water Treatment Applications
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise