Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Guinea-Bissau
Guinea-Bissau, officially the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, is a country in West Africa. It is bordered by Senegal to the north and Guinea to the south and east, with the Atlantic Ocean to its west.
Guinea-Bissau is a relatively small country which is swampy along its western coast and low-lying inland.
Guinea-Bissau's major environmental issues include:
Total Renewable Water Resources: 31 cu km (2003)
Freshwater Withdrawal: Total: 0.18 cu km/yr (13% domestic, 5% industrial, 82% agricultural).
Per Capita Freshwater Withdrawal:: 113 cu m/yr (2000)
Access to improved sources of drinking water: 61% of population
Access to improved sanitation facilities: 21% of population
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Guinea-Bissau's water resources.
Guinea-Bissau's main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Water challenges in Guinea-Bissau
- Insufficient amounts of drinking water
- Poor sanitation
- Improper education on good hygiene procedures
- Inadequate funding
- Extensive management and institutional issues
- Scarce qualified engineers and experts
Pure Aqua water treatment solutions
Pure Aqua water treatment projects are aimed to improve the availability of safe drinking water to a greater portion of areas within Guinea-Bissau and greatly reduce mortality rates.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Guinea-Bissau:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
Water Treatment Applications
- Solar Panels
- Golf Courses
- Reclaimed Water Treatment
- Lithium Mining
- Water Stores
- Window Washing
- Boiler Feed
- Disaster Relief
- Drinking Water
- Fish Hatcheries
- Food & Beverage
- Ice Making
- Power & Energy
- Spot Free
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise