Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Mauritius
Mauritius, officially the Republic of Mauritius, is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) off the southeast coast of the African continent. The country includes the islands of Mauritius, Rodrigues, Agaléga and Saint Brandon and the part of Mascarene Island.
Mauritius consists of 25 major river basins and the largest are the Grand River South East and the Grand River North West. Most rivers are perennial, originating from the central plateau. Discharge to the sea is estimated to be 0.5 cubic kilometers per year (km3/year). Mauritius has five main aquifers. Total renewable water resources are estimated at 2.751 km3/year. Total exploitable water resources are estimated at 1.083 km3/year. Total dam capacity is 93 million m3. There are five main storage reservoirs (Mare aux Vacoas, La Ferme, Mare Longue, La Nicoliere, Piton du Milieu) and one impounding rockfill dam (Midlands Dam).
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Mauritius' water resources.
Mauritius' main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from river, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Brackish Water RO.
- Desalination can be used for water from ocean, or sea source, which can be treated using Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems; Desalination Systems.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Chemical Dosing, UV Water Sterilizer.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softener System, Media Water Filters.
Water challenges in Mauritius
Mauritius is currently considered a water-stressed nation and with no reforms in place, it is possible of falling under the water-scare classification:
- Poor infrastructure for water production
- Climate change impact on water sources
- Hazardous activities throughout the land
- Shifting population - from rural areas to urban areas
- Excess water that is non revenue
- Fragmented institutions & legislation
Water treatment solutions in Mauritius
Pure Aqua offers water treatment, seawater desalination, and wastewater treatment systems that all possess the necessary features to alleviate the water problems of Mauritius. Our water treatment projects provide a range of services for both national and local water applications.
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Pure Aqua has over 20 years of experience as a global provider of B2B water treatment solutions for a variety of applications and industries, we offer a large selection of all types of reverse osmosis and water treatment systems to meet your industrial needs. Pure Aqua’s extensive global experience in engineering and manufacturing allows us to pre-engineer and customize water treatment and reverse osmosis systems to meet a wide range of customer requirements and specifications.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Mauritius:
- All Systems
- RO / Membrane Systems
- Water Filters
- Ion Exchange
- Custom Purification
- Water Disinfection
- All Parts
- Cartridge Filters & Housings
- Chemical Dosing Pumps
- Commercial Water Pumps
- RO Chemicals
- FRP Filter Tanks
- Membrane Pressure Vessels
- Control Valves
- Disinfection Products
- Membrane Bioreactor Modules
- Monitoring & Testing Instruments
- Filtration Media and Resin
- All Expertise
- Engineered Solutions
Water Treatment Applications
- Hydrogen Production
- Solar Panels
- Golf Courses
- Lithium Mining
- Water Stores
- Window Washing
- Boiler Feed
- Disaster Relief
- Drinking Water
- Fish Hatcheries
- Food & Beverage
- Ice Making
- Power & Energy
- Spot Free
- Water Treatment Projects
- Regional Expertise