Pure Aqua, Inc. has been manufacturing quality-built industrial water treatment and reverse osmosis systems for nearly two decades.
More about Pure Aqua, Inc. here: https://www.pureaqua.com/about-us/
We are looking to hire a Solidwords drafter/designer who is fully skilled at using Solidworks (a 3-dimentional modeling software program) within PDM environment, along with artistry and design skills to create blueprints used for Pure Aqua, Inc.’s products.
Responsibilities of job:
- Working on creating blueprints, drawings and models for a variety of products and structures that will be used as a technical guide during the production or construction process at Pure Aqua, Inc.’s manufacturing facility.
- You must be able to include comprehensive details, such as materials, measurements and building procedures.
- During the drafting process, you will collaborate with Pure Aqua, Inc.’s engineering team to gather specifications and resolve design issues.
- Working with component suppliers and customers to design, build and operate quality products.
- You have to have a solid experience in the most recent version of Solidworks.
- The design for manufacturing will include 3D associative solid models, detail drawings, weldment drawings, and assemblies.
- Create and maintain all CAD drawings and work instructions.
- Working proactively with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineers to ensure timely scheduling, productions, cost savings, and continuous improvement processes.
- Responding to and resolving discrepancy reports from the manufacturer facility.
- Create Engineering Change Requests detailing the necessary changes to released designs, updates drawings/models as needed, and routes change requests through the approval process.
- Writes technical documents, test procedures, installation procedures, and process documents.
- Participate in innovating new ideas for cost reduction and development that meets customer requirements and allows Pure Aqua, Inc.’s products to quickly proceed into delivery of systems.
- Execute designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
- Support off hours and weekend routine and trouble resolution events.
- It is preferred if you have at least an associate degree in drafting.
The CAD Designer will be proficient with SolidWorks software (recent versions) to include a solid foundation in working with assemblies, drafting, expressions, sketcher, free form modeling, and spline manipulation within a master model environment. SolidWorks PDM and Global Shop Software experience is a plus.
Related experience in the application of welding technologies and practical applications of welding techniques is required.
• 3+ years’ experience with 3D SolidWorks (recent version) software tools.
• Knowledge of design documentation standards
• Aware of simple mechanical stress; structural, thermal and tolerance analysis.
• Demonstrates initiative, applies personal talent to practical solutions.
• Applies knowledge effectively in team environment.
• Able to accept and integrate constructive feedback.
• Demonstrates the ability to weigh risks and make progress in the face of uncertainty.
• Willingly takes on problems and commits to solutions.
• Working knowledge of Quality Control/Assurance principles.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) methods.
• Proven problem-solving ability.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and analytical skills.
• Must possess strong communication, writing, and documentation skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Requires ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams.
• Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited school in
related field. Vocational training or the equivalent experience is required.
Citizenship: US Citizen, with a valid US driver’s license. No sponsorship Visa (H1-B, etc.) candidates at this time.
Job Class: Mechanical Engineering
Job Category: Experienced Professional
Job Location: Santa Ana, CA
% Travel Required: None
Employment Type: Full time
Work Schedule: M-F 8 hrs. /day – Overtime as required
Base Compensation: Based on Experience (BOE), Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Pure Aqua, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package.
Pure Aqua Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position is responsible for independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard mechanical design techniques, procedures and criteria in solving technical problems pertaining to product design and/or development, manufacturability, product quality and test or systems compatibility. He/she works on own initiative under general supervision. The Designer will support manufacturing and assembly teams from a design and specification role