Algae arises in water as freshwater becomes filled with too many nutrients, which is called eutrophication. Natural chemicals such as phosphates and nitrates are organically included in the nutrients or brought in through sewage discharge or fertilizer runoff. Water purification methods include wastewater treatment are effective in reducing the degree of nutrients entering water sources, as well as providing necessary pollution control.
Algae Water Treatment
Water quality management becomes greatly compromised as harmful algal blooms grow in scale. Their occurrences force the closure of recreational waters, and produce deadly health problems to humans and wildlife.
Algae also creates major issues for water treatment and desalination plants. While they build-up on the water’s surface, the biomass travels as far below and throughout the body water, which intensifies efforts to reach and eliminate them. Such issues for desalination plants include clogging of membranes for water treatment operators.
Pure Aqua manufactures and distributes water treatment systems that specialize in algae reduction from water, as well as removing nutrients from water sources. Our engineers will also provide technical assistance on how to monitor runoff pollution from other sources in order to maintain the safety of surface water and aquatic life, which can easily reverse conditions.
Algae reduction from water sources is a vital environmentally friendly solution that contributes to a healthy ecosystem. Other negative effects are seen when there is a high concentration of algae throughout the water, which makes it increasingly difficult to remove all of it. These higher degrees of contaminants in the product water will have a direct impact on the efficiency of water treatment plants. Clogging is one process that arises due to this issue and will effectively lower the ability of treatment tools in plants that are designed for algae reduction from water.
Impacts Of Algal Blooms On Water
Algae becomes harmful to the environment when it begins increasing too greatly for the ecosystem to maintain. When this occurs there are noticeable changes in the composition of the algae, such as an alternation in color of the water to a rusty brown or greenish color. The algae also transforms into slimy chunks of algae, which results due to degradation from a lack of carbon dioxide, sunlight, and the presence of nutrients. Algal blooms occur in water sources and often leave a highly damaging impact by creating dead zones in these channels.
Harmful Effects Of Algal Blooms:
- Algal blooms reduces the availability of oxygen due to bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of all living organisms in the water
- Decomposed algae carries cyanotoxins, which with short-term exposure can cause several illnesses or even death.
Recommended Systems would be our:
- Industrial UF Systems
- Industrial& Commercial MF Ssytem
- Commercial & Industrial UV Systems
- Chemical Dosing Systems
Ultrafiltration Systems Advantages:
- Superior filtration performance with high flux
- Very small nominal pore diameter (0.03 µm)
- Efficiently removes bacteria and viruses
- Occasionally back washed and air scoured to boost performance and removing the fouling layer to extend operating life
- Low fouling membrane modules
- UF Outside-In or Inside-Out Configuration permits reduced plugging and higher solids loading
- Basic, vertical, modular design permits low cost, compact systems
- Effective membrane cleaning has a high chemical resistance and temperature tolerance
Algae arises in water as freshwater becomes filled with too ma...
Pure Aqua makes customized water treatment systems for global ...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designs and manufactures water treatment syste...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designed and manufactured commercial BWRO kit ...
The multi-media water filter systems operate for much longer p...
Good content! Algae is horrible
- Related Project1:
- Related Project2:
- Related Project3:
- Related Project4: