Clack granular activated carbon is designed for reduction of tastes, odors and dissolved organic chemicals from municipal and industrial water supplies. Manufactured from select grades of coconut shell coal to produce a high density, durable granular product capable of withstanding the abrasion and dynamics associated with repeated hydraulic transport, backwashing and mechanical handling. Activation is carefully controlled to produce exceptionally high internal surface area with optimum pore size for the adsorption of a broad range of low molecular weight organic contaminants and oxidizing agents like chlorine and ozone.
One of the most common applications for Clack Coconut Shell-High Activated Carbon (CS-HAC) is the reduction of the undesirable tastes and odors present in many chlorinated water supplies. CS-HAC has been successful for many years in the reduction of free chlorine from water supplies. The end product is clean, fresh water with no objectionable taste or odor characteristics.
|Part No.||Description||Cu. Ft. /Bag||Wt./Cu. Ft.||Bags/Pallet||Weight/Pallet||Pallet Dimension|
|A8009-14||CS-HAC 12 x 40 mesh||1||28 lbs.||70||2000 lbs.||43"x43"x72" (Calgon Carbon Corporation)|
|38"x46"x70" (Jacobi Carbons, Inc.)|
- Color: Black
- Mesh Size: 12 x 40
- Bulk Density: 28 lbs./cu. ft.
- Effective Size: 0.55-0.75 mm
- Ash Content: 2.5%
- Iodine Number: 1,000 mg/g
- Moisture as packed: 3%
- pH 10
Certifications and Approvals:
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61
Conditions for Operation:
- Water to be filtered should preferably be free of oil and suspended matter
- The water to be filtered should be relatively free of iron and turbidity for maximum service life
- Water pH range: wide range
- Bed depth: 26-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash flow rate: 10-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash bed expansion: 30-40% of bed depth</li
- Upon installation, backwash to remove carbon fines before placing unit into service
- CS-HAC is an outstanding material for applications requiring taste, odor and dissolved organic chemical removal from water with suspended matter present. This product can be used for filtering waters having a wide range of pH levels.
- Large surface area results in an exceptionally high capacity and efficiency.
- Balanced pore structure gives a more efficient adsorption range.
- CS-HAC is very durable so losses due to attrition are kept to a minimum.
- CS-HAC has a very high carbon-low ash content.
- Service rates of 5 gpm/sq. ft. are practical for ordinary taste, odor and chlorine loads.
- CS-HAC will impart a high “polish” to the filtered water.
they lived up to their advertising!