DOW FILMTEC Fiberglassed Elements for Light Industrial Systems.
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Feed Spacer Thickness (mil)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
DOW FILMTEC™ brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent, outstanding system performance in light industrial applications.
- DOW FILMTEC LE-4040 delivers highest performance at lowest pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-4040 is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-2540 elements are designed for systems smaller than 1 gpm (0.2 m3/h) offering a hard shell exterior for extra strength.
Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate - 4040 elements 16 gpm (3.6 m3/h)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate - 2540 elements 6 gpm (1.4 m3/h)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Industrial water demineralization
- Production of municipal drinking water
- Water reuse
These guys are awesome...they helped us to get a replacement for a discontinued products.
We never had to wait...always in stock.
They compete in price
You guys are very professional
shipped same day...fast delivery, thanks
We ordered large quantity and you were able to satisfy our need on time. Thanks!
Better prices here!
VERY FAST DELIVERY, THANKS