DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-400 reverse osmosis elements incorporate Dow's proprietary FR (fouling resistant) membrane technology that provides excellent fouling resistance and cleanability and are designed to purify water with high biological or organic fouling potential in systems with well-controlled pretreatment. This high rejection membrane has a wide pH cleaning range (pH 1-13) that allows for effective cleaning of scale, organic compounds, and biofilm. It also possesses a high active area (400 square feet) for more productivity without increasing the operating flux. These features offer system operators some of the best long-term economics and most trouble-free operation for RO membrane purification of fouling water.
- Fouling resistant reducing cleaning requirements and operational cost
- Durable with good cleanability for long element life
- FilmTec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the DOW™ FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty (Form No. 609-35010) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part number||Active area ft2 (m2)||Feed spacer thickness (mil)||Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized salt rejection (%)||Minimum salt rejection (%)|
|BW30FR-400||202681||400 (37)||28||10,500 (40)||99.5||99|
Designed to purify water with high biological or organic fouling potential in systems with well-controlled pretreatment, DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30FR-400 reverse osmosis elements incorporate Dow’s proprietary fouling resistant membrane technology that offers exceptional fouling resistance and cleanability. This product is an extension of the DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-365 element that has demonstrated its value for numerous customers around the world. The BW30FR-400 element features:
- High active area (400 square feet) for more productivity without increasing the operating flux.
- High rejection DOW FILMTEC RO membrane that has one of the widest pH cleaning ranges in the industry (pH 1-13) that allows for effective cleaning of scale, organic compounds and biofilm.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves, reduces the overall effect of fouling and maximizes membrane efficiency.
These features offer system operators long-term efficiencies and trouble-free operation for RO membrane purification of fouling waters.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Industrial water demineralization
- Production of municipal drinking water
- Water reuse
Very good price
We have been using filmtec membranes for 2 years now, no quality problem ever for our lab