null

EVAPORATION

The process of the passage of water from liquid to vapour. Evaporation is the procedure that causes liquid to convert to gas or vapor by way of changes in the water. This process is responsible for moving water from its liquid state back into the water cycle as aerial water vapor. Large water sources such as the ocean, rivers, lakes, and seas supply over 90 percent of the moisture found in the atmosphere through the evaporation process, with the other remaining 10 percent being due to the transpiration of plants.