ESPA® (Energy Saving Polyamide) elements achieve high flux/lower pressure without compromising standards for high rejection. Since its introduction in the late 1990s, the ESPA® membrane has gained wide acceptance in the water treatment industry due to the significant operational cost savings associated with their use. 4” and 8” configurations available.
The growing family of ESPA RO membranes continue to meet the ever-increasing demands of the water treatment industry. ESPA2-LD-4040 offers unparalleled performance for your industrial and commercial water treatment needs. There's an ESPA solution to satisfy even the most challenging water treatment needs with exceptional performance, productivity and savings for high productivity and salt rejection.
- Permeate Flow: 2,000 gpd (7.57 m3/d)
- Salt Rejection: 99.6% (99.4% minimum)
- Configuration: Low Fouling Spiral Wound
- Membrane Polymer: Composite Polyamide
- Membrane Active Area: 80ft2 (7.43m2)
- Feed Spacer: 34 mil (0.864 mm) with biostatic agent
The stated performance is initial (data taken after 30 minutes of operation), based on the following conditions:
- 1500 PPM NaCl solution
- 150 psi (1.05 MPa) Applied Pressure
- 77°F (25°C) Operating Temperature
- 15% Permeate Recovery
- 6.5 - 7.0 pH Range
Standard Operating Limits:
- Maximum Applied Pressure: 600 psig (4.16 MPa)
- Maximum Chlorine Concentration: < 0.1 PPM
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- pH Range, Continuous (Cleaning): 2-11 (1-13)
- Maximum Feedwater Turbidity: 1.0 NTU
- Maximum Feedwater SDI (15 mins): 5.0
- Maximum Feed Flow: 16 GPM (3.6 m3/h)
- Minimum Ratio of Concentrate to Permeate Flow for any Element: 5:1
- Maximum Pressure Drop for Each Element: 10 psi
The limitations shown here are for general use. For specific projects, operating at more conservative values may ensure the best performance and longest life of the membrane. See Hydranautics Technical Bulletins for more details on operation limits, cleaning pH, and cleaning temperatures.[/custom-features]
- Municipal Potable and Wastewater Plants
- Bottling Operations
- Light Industrial
Terrific product. Gets the job done in removing organic substances from my water supply with low maintenance required.
Solid leak performance!