HYDRAcap 40-LD is used to treat surface water, ground water, seawater and waste waters as either primary treament or as pretreatment to reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF). Compared to conventional pretreatment, HYDRAcap allows for higher fluxes for RO and NF systems while maintaining longer intervals between cleanings. In some cases it replaces conventional pretreatment for potable applications, ground water recharging and water recycling.
Capillary Technology vs. Conventional Pretreatment
- Significantly better filtrate quality when compared to conventional pretreatment, exhibiting 100% removal of colloidal material.
- Product quality is stable even during feedwater vibrations
- Single-step treatment reduces operating costs and increases efficiency
- Can significantly reduce use of pretreatment chemicals
- Backwash disposal is less problematic
- Increased efficiency of RO membrane system design and operation, contributing to reduced capital and operational cost
- Maximizes RO performance by allowing elements to operate longer with less cleaning
- Low pressure operation
HYDRAcap 40-LD Specifications:
- Filtrate Flow: 5 – 12.3 gpm (1.1 – 2.8 m3/h)
- Filtrate Turbidity: ≤ 0.07 NTU
- Virus removal ≥ 4 log
- Bacteria removal ≥ 4 log
- Configuration: Capillary Ultrafiltration Module
- Membrane Polymer: Hydrophilic Polyethersulfone
- Nominal Membrane Area: 208 ft2 (19.3 m2)
- Fiber Dimensions: ID 0.047” (1.2 mm), OD 0.08” (2.0 mm)
- Pore size: 0.02 micron
Typical Process Conditions:
- Backwash Flux: 100 – 150 gfd (170 – 255 l/m2/h)
- Backwash Duration: 30 – 60 seconds
- Backwash Frequency: 20 – 60 minutes
- Chemical Enhanced Backwash Frequency: 0 – 4 times per day
- Chemical Enhanced Backwash Duration: 1 – 30 minutes
- Disinfection Chemicals: NaOCl, H2O2, ClO2 or NH2Cl
- Cleaning Chemicals: NaOH , HCl, H2SO4, or Citric Acid
Standard Operating Limits:
- Typical Filtrate Flux Range: 35 – 85 gfd (59 – 145 l/m2/h)
- Maximum Applied Feed Pressure: 73 psig (5 bar)
- Maximum Transmembrane Pressure 20 psig (1.4 bar)
- Maximum Backwash Transmembrane Pressure: 20 psig (1.4 bar)
- Instantaneous Chlorine Tolerance: 100 ppm
- Instantaneous Hydrogen Peroxide Tolerance: 200 ppm
- Maximum Chlorine Exposure: 100,000 ppm-hrs
- Maximum Instantaneous Feed Turbidity: 200 NTU
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 104°F (40°C)
- pH Operating Range: 4.0 - 10.0
- Cleaning pH Range: 1.5 – 13.0
- Operating Mode: Inside to Outside Filtration
- Direct flow or Crossflow
- Certifications: NSF61, CDPH, and ETV-NSF Verification
- The 0.8 mm HYDRAcap is used for surface water applications containing lower turbidities.
- The 1.2 mm HYDRAcapLD offers a 50% larger capillary diameter for a wider range of high fouling applications.
- A pretreatment step for desalination, treatment of surface waters and municipal and industrial effluents.
I will definitely be acquiring more of these in the future.