Compared to conventional pretreatment, the HYDRAcap MAX 80 MAX offers the combined benefits of high recovery and low footprint requirement due to its optimized membrane area and novel cleaning regimes. High strength PVDF membrane minimizes fiber breakage rate and ensures consistently superior filtrate quality, which enables RO and NF systems to be operated at higher fluxes, while maintaining longer intervals between cleanings.
Capillary Technology vs. Conventional Pretreatment
- Significantly better filtrate quality when compared to conventional pretreatment, exhibiting 100% removal of colloidal material.
- Product quality is stable even during feedwater vibrations
- Single-step treatment reduces operating costs and increases efficiency
- Can significantly reduce use of pretreatment chemicals
- Backwash disposal is less problematic
- Increased efficiency of RO membrane system design and operation, contributing to reduced capital and operational cost
- Maximizes RO performance by allowing elements to operate longer with less cleaning
- Low pressure operation
HYDRAcap MAX 80 Specifications
- Filtrate Flow: 15.7 – 51.0 gpm (3.6 – 11.6 m3/h)
- Filtrate Turbidity: ≤ 0.10 NTU
- Bacteria removal: ≥ 4 log
- Configuration: Capillary Ultrafiltration Module
- Membrane Polymer: PVDF
- Nominal Membrane Area: 1130ft2 (105m2)
- Fiber Dimensions: ID 0.024” (0.6 mm), OD 0.047” (1.2 mm)
- Pore size: 0.08 micron
Typical Process Conditions
- Air Scour Rate: 7.3 – 9.1 acfm (12.3 – 15.4 m3/h)
- Air Scour Duration: 120 – 240 seconds
- Air Scour Frequency: Once every 20 – 60 minutes
- Maintenance Clean Frequency: 1 – 3 times per day
- Maintenance Clean Duration: 20 – 30 minutes
- Disinfection Chemicals: NaOCl, ClO2 or NH2Cl
- Cleaning Chemicals: NaOH, HCl, H2SO4, or Citric Acid
Standard Operating Limits:
- Typical Filtrate Flux Range: 20 – 65 gfd (34 – 110 l/m2/h)
- Maximum Applied Feed Pressure: 73 psig (5.0 bar)
- Maximum Transmembrane Pressure 30 psig (2.0 bar)
- Instantaneous Chlorine Tolerance: 5000 ppm
- Maximum Chlorine Exposure: 750,000 ppm-hrs
- Maximum Feed Turbidity: 300 NTU
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 104°F (40°C)
- pH Operating Range: 4.0 – 10.0
- Cleaning pH Range: 1.0 – 13.0
- Operating Mode: Outside to Inside Filtration
- Dead End or Cross flow mode
- Certifications: NSF61
- Surface water applications containing lower turbidities.
- Wide range of high fouling applications.
- A pretreatment step for desalination, treatment of surface waters and municipal and industrial effluents.
We received the item very fast. Thanks!