SanRO, SanRO HS, and SanRO HS2 sanitary elements are designed to meet the stringent water quality requirements used in pharmaceutical and biotechnology processes for applications such as: high volume pharmaceutical rinsing, cosmetic formulations, container rinsing, cleaning of fermentation equipment, enzymes, polypeptides, blood products, antibiotics, clarification, desalting, concentration, and buffer ex-change in the manufacture of proteins, and other biotechnology products.
SanRO membranes from Hydranautics are designed for maximum performance and sanitizing efficacy in systems making USP (United States Pharmacopea) classified water. SanRO's design eliminates “dead” flow areas that are potential breeding grounds for bacterial growth and ensures maximum ion removal with minimal fouling.
SanRO-HS and SanRO-HS2 provide all the benefits of SanRO in a heat sanitizable membrane, designed for sanitizing at 85º C. Users enjoy enhanced convenience by eliminating sanitizing chemical handling and disposal concerns.
- Configuration: Sanitary (Full-Fit) Spiral Wound
- Membrane Polymer: Composite Polyamide
|Membrane Type||Description||Element Performance*||System Performance|
|Permeate Flow and Rejection||Applied Pressure psig (Mpa)||Permeate TDS, PPM|
|GPD (m3/day)||% Rej|
|SanRO-HS||Heat Sanitizable, High Rejection Composite||8800 (33.3) SANRO HS-8||2200 (8.4) SANRO HS-4||99.7||180 (1.24)||6.6|
|SanRO-HS2||Heat Sanitizable, High Flux, High Rejection Composite||14,000 (53) SANRO HS2-8||3000 (11.4) SANRO HS2-4||99.6||129 (0.89)||12.5|
- Element Performance is at 225 psig (1.55 MPa), 1500 mg/L NaCl, 15% Recovery, 77°F (25°C).
- Applied Pressure and Permeate TDS are projected values for a 2:2:1 array system operating at 15 GFD (26 LMH) average flux with 500 mg/L TDS feed (NaCl), 80% Recovery, pH 7, 77F (25 C).
Standard Operating Limits:
- Maximum Applied Pressure, psig (MPa) 600 (4.14)
- Maximum Chlorine Concentration, PPM < 0.1
- Maximum Operating Temperature, F (C) 113° (45°) Sanitizing Temperature/Pressure Max., F/psig (C/MPa) 185°/25 (85°/0.17)
- Operating pH Range: 3.0 - 10.0
- Cleaning pH Range: 2.0 - 11.0
- Maximum Pressure Drop for a vessel, psig (MPa) 60 (0.41)
* The limitations shown here are for general use. The values may be more conservative for specific projects to ensure the best performance and longest life of the membrane.[/custom-features]
- High volume pharmaceutical rinsing
- Cosmetic formulations
- Container rinsing
- Cleaning of fermentation equipment, enzymes, polypeptides, blood products, antibiotics, clarification, desalting, concentration.
- Buffer ex-change in the manufacture of proteins, and other biotechnology products.
Immensely superior delivery