DOW FILMTEC BW30-365 provides consistently high performance and maximum element life when treating difficult feed waters. Previously known as the Filmtec BW30 8040, this element offers proven performance, high rejection, and exceptional robustness and durability across a wide range of feed conditions where unit price is a key driver. Using the thickest feed spacer available, the DOW FILMTEC BW30-365 element is best suited for systems operating on challenging feed streams, where reliable pretreatment is not an option, or where maximum cleanability delivers value. It may be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1 - 13) for the most effective cleaning.
- High rejection gives good water quality
- Durable with good cleanability for long element life
- FilmTec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the DOW™ FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty (FormNo. 609-35010) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that
- membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part number||Active area ft2 (m2)||Feed spacer thickness (mil)||Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized salt rejection (%)||Minimum salt rejection (%)|
|BW30-365||80773||365 (34)||34||9,500 (36)||99.50%||99.00%|
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed +/-3%. Active area as stated by Dow is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
For years, the DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30-365 has been the element of choice for system designers, OEMs and system operators requiring consistently high performance and maximum element life when treating difficult feed waters. This element offers proven performance, high rejection and outstanding robustness and durability across a wide range of feed conditions where unit price is a key driver.
- Features the industry’s thickest feed spacer (34 mil) to lessen the impact of fouling.
- May be cleaned over the widest pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- The BW30-365 is best suited for systems operating on challenging feed streams, where reliable pretreatment is not an option, or where maximum cleanability delivers value.
- Industrial water demineralization
- Production of municipal drinking water
- Water reuse
Very, very fast dispatch
We never had to wait...always in stock. Thank you for the quality membrane!
These guys are awesome...they helped us to get a replacement for a discontinued products.