The DOW FILMTEC BW30-440i element is a high-productivity element combining the highest active membrane area available with the high rejection BW30 membrane. It is designed to minimize capital expenses in high-purity industrial water applications without increasing operating flux. The elements uses iLEC™ interlocking end caps which reduce system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality.
- High rejection gives good water quality
- Durable with good cleanability for long element life
- Filmtec Performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the DOW™ FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty (Form No. 609-35010) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part number||Active area ft2 (m2)||Feed spacer thickness (mil)||Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized salt rejection (%)||Minimum salt rejection (%)|
|BW30-440i||249107||440 (41)||28||11,500 (43)||99.50%||99.00%|
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed +/-3%. Active area as stated by Dow is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
The DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30-440i element is a high-productivity element combining the highest active membrane area in the industry with the high rejection BW30 membrane. It is designed to minimize capital expenses in high-purity industrial water applications without increasing operating flux.
- Produces 10% more water compared to the DOW FILMTEC BW30-400 element at the same operating pressure and high rejection, enabling lower capital expense for new systems, or increased water production in an existing system.
- Includes iLEC™ interlocking endcaps, which reduce system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality.
- Designed using an industry standard 1.125 inch ID permeate tube for interchangeability with other brackish water elements.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Flow 85 gpm (19 m3/hr)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Industrial water demineralization
- Production of municipal drinking water
- Water reuse
Immensely superior delivery
Fast Delivery and great performance!