The SFD series of the DOW ultrafiltration modules are especially suitable for drinking water applications. They are built with robust outside-in PVDF fiber technology. The hollow fibers feature high clean-ability, low chemical consumption, high recovery, and a superior combination of mechanical properties and chemical resistance.
DOW ultrafiltration SFD-2660 is an ideal choice for small systems and allows a compact design. They are certified under NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for safe use in drinking water applications.
- Excellent removal of colloids, particles, and bacteria
- Low chemical consumption
- Ability to treat challenging feed water with limited pretreatment
- High chemical-tolerant PVDF that allows aggressive chemical use for treating challenging water when needed
- Mechanically strong fibers enabling long module life
Proper start-up of a UF system is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved. Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, installation of the membrane modules, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed. Please refer to the product technical manual.
Avoid any abrupt pressure variations during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. Flush the UF system to remove shipping solution prior to start up. Remove residual air from the system prior to start up. Manually start the equipment. Target a permeate flow of 60% of design during initial operations. Depending on the application, permeate obtained from initial operations should be discarded. Please refer to the product technical manual.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty (Form No. 795-00027) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during system shutdowns, it is recommended that preservative solution be injected into the membrane modules.
|Model||Type||Part Number||Membrane Area||Module Volume||Weight (empty/water filled)|
|SFD-2660||NSF/ANSI 61 Drinking Water||324166||33||355||16||4.2||25/41||55/90|
The DOW™ ultrafiltration (UF) modules are made from high strength, hollow fiber membranes that have excellent features and benefits:
- 0.03 µm nominal pore diameter for removal of bacteria, viruses, and particulates including colloids to protect downstream processes such as RO
- PVDF polymeric hollow fibers for high strength and chemical resistance allows longer membrane life
- Hydrophilic PVDF fibers for easy cleaning and wettability that help maintain long term performance
- Outside In flow configuration for high tolerance to feed solids that helps reduce the need for pretreatment processes
- U-PVC housing, helping to eliminate the need for costly pressure vessels
|SI Units||US Units|
|Filtrate Flux @ 25°C||40 - 120 l/m2/hr||24 - 70 gfd|
|Flow Range||1.3–4.0 m3/hr||5.9–17.3 gpm|
|Temperature||1 - 40°C||34 - 104°F|
|Max. Inlet Module Pressure (@ 20°C)||6.25 bar||93.75 psi|
|Max. Operating TMP||2.1 bar||30 psi|
|Max. Operating Air Scour Flow||12 Nm3/hr||7.1 scfm|
|Max. Backwash Pressure||2.5 bar||36 psi|
|NaOCl (max)||2,000 mg/L|
|TSS (max)||100 mg/L|
|Turbidity (max)||300 ntu|
|Particle Size (max)||300 μm|
|Flow Configuration||Outside In, Dead End Flow|
|Expected Filtrate Turbidity||≤ 0.1 NTU|
|Expected Filtrate SDI||≤ 2.5|
- Ground water and surface water treatment
- Seawater desalination pretreatment
- Waste water treatment
- Municipal drinking water systems
- Containerized systems
VERY FAST DELIVERY, THANKS