The SFD series of the DOW ultrafiltration modules are especially suitable for drinking water applications. The modules are built with robust outside-in PVDF fiber technology. The hollow fibers feature high clean-ability, low chemical consumption, high recovery, and a superior combination of mechanical properties and chemical resistance.
DOW™ Ultrafiltration SFD-2880 offers the highest membrane active area within the SFD series and is a great choice for large installations. The modules are certified under NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for safe use in drinking water applications and have received NSF Public Drinking Water Equipment (PDWE) Certification for log removal performance for bacteria and virus.
- Excellent removal of colloids, particles, and bacteria
- Low chemical consumption
- Ability to treat challenging feed water with limited pretreatment
- High chemical-resistance PVDF that allows aggressive chemical use for treating challenging water when needed
- Mechanically strong fibers enabling long module life
Proper start-up of a UF system is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved. Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, installation of the membrane modules, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed. Please refer to the product technical manual.
Avoid any abrupt pressure variations during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. Flush the UF system to remove shipping solution prior to start up. Remove residual air from the system prior to start up. Manually start the equipment. Target a permeate flow of 60% of design during initial operations. Depending on the application, permeate obtained from initial operations should be discarded. Please refer to the product technical manual.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty (Form No. 795-00027) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during system shutdowns, it is recommended that preservative solution be injected into the membrane modules.
|Model||Type||Part Number||Membrane Area||Module Volume||Weight (empty/ water filled)|
|SFD-2880||NSF/ANSI 61 Drinking water||324169||77||829||39||10.3||61/100||135/220|
The DOW™ Ultrafiltration (UF) modules are made from high strength, hollow fiber membranes that have excellent features and benefits:
- 0.03 μm nominal pore diameter for removal of bacteria, viruses, and particulates including colloids to protect downstream processes such as RO
- PVDF polymeric hollow fibers for high strength and chemical resistance allows long membrane life
- Hydrophilic PVDF fibers for easy cleaning and wettability that help maintain long term performance
- Outside In flow configuration for high tolerance to feed solids that help reduce the need for pretreatment processes
- U-PVC housing, helping to eliminate the need for costly pressure vessels
This module is an ideal choice for systems with capacities greater than 50 m3/hr (220 gpm). Larger and longer, 8 inch diameter and 80 inch in length, together with an increase in packing density of 10,000 fibers, this module offers the highest effective membrane area of the DOWTM Ultrafiltration modules. The 2880 contributes to a more economical membrane system design.
DOWTM Ultrafiltration Modules can be used for a wide variety of treatment applications such as surface water, seawater, industrial wastewaters, and secondary effluent wastewater.
|SI units||US units|
|Filtrate Flux @ 25°C||40-120 l/m2/ hr||24-70 gfd|
|Flow range||3.1-9.3 m3/hr||13.6 . 40.9 gpm|
|Max. inlet module pressure (@ 20°C)||6.25 bar||93.75 psi|
|Max. operating TMP||2.1 bar||30 psi|
|Max operating air scour flow||12 nm3/hr||7.1 scfm|
|Max backwash pressure||2.5 bar||36 psi|
|NaOCl (max.)||2,000 mg/L|
|TSS (max.)||100 mg/L|
|Turbidity (max.)||300 ntu|
|Particle size (max.)||300μ|
|Flow configuration||Outside in, dead end flow|
|Expected filtrate turbidity||<0.1 NTU|
|Expected filtrate SDI||<2.5|
- Ground water and surface water treatment
- Seawater desalination pretreatment
- Waste water treatment
- Municipal drinking water systems
We ordered large quantity and you were able to satisfy our need on time. Thanks!