DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE-4040 is a four-inch diameter version of SW30HRLE-400, one of the industry's leading seawater elements, which offers an unprecedented combination of high salt rejection and productivity to enable the low total cost of purifying high salinity water. FILMTEC SW30HRLE-4040 elements deliver high performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatements and high sodium chloride and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards. FILMTEC SW30HRLE-4040 may be used as a pilot element to demonstrate performance for the design of larger systems.
- High flux reduces energy use or pressure required
- Hood rejection results in good quality water
- High boron rejection
- Filmtec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Active Area ft2 (m2)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Minimum Salt Rejection %||Stabilized Salt Rejection %|
|SW30HR LE-4040||255048||85 (7.9)||1,600 (6.1)||99.6||99.75|
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 1,200 psig (83 bar)
- Maximum Element Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI) SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Seawater desalination
- Municipal drinking water
- Industrial desalination
We never had to wait...always in stock. Thank you for the quality membrane!
State-of-the-art service and membranes :)