DOW FILMTEC SW30HR-380 delivers high boron rejection to help customers meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards. DOW FILMTEC SW30HR-380 elements deliver high performance over their operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments like many competitive products. This is one reason why DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
The DOW FILMTEC SW30HR-380 is a premium grade seawater reverse osmosis element featuring both high active area and high salt rejection to offer the best long-term economics for seawater deslination systems.
- High flux reduces energy use or pressure required
- Good rejection results in good quality water
- High boron rejection
- Filmtec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Active Area||Applied Pressure||Permeate Flow Rate||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 1,000 psig (69 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Seawater desalination
- Municipal drinking water
- Industrial desalination
always in stock
Service was exceptional. Great company!