DOW FILMTEC™ reverse osmosis (RO) membranes for home drinking water treatment units are some of the most reliable and consistent elements in the industry. Advanced membrane technology and automated fabrication allow Dow to precisely produce each and every element to tight, pre-defined specifications. Dow’s advanced and consistent RO element quality helps customers develop, and maintain brand recognition along with a reputation for building systems that reliably provide low impurity drinking water. DOW FILMTEC™ elements are shipped dry for convenient handling and long shelf-life. Dow’s next generation elements are a fully compatible replacement for existing DOW FILMTEC™ residential RO elements.
- High flux results in greater yield (more water)
- Shipped dry for long shelf life
- FilmTec performance and quality
It is recommended that systems using these elements rinse the elements for 24 hours, prior to first use, to meet NSF/ANSI 58 Standard.
- The first full tank of permeate must be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate for drinking water or food preparation.
- To ease installation, it is recommended to use a lubricant safe for indirect water contact on all seals.Potential options include water, glycerin based lubricants, and Dow Corning™ 111.
- Rotate the element about a quarter turn to ease installation and removal of the element. Ensure goodinterface between the o-rings and brine seal with their connection surfaces.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. Rinse out the preservative before use.
- The membrane shows some resistance to short-term attack by chlorine (hypochlorite). Continuous exposure, however, may damage the membrane and should be avoided.
- DOW FILMTEC™ Home Drinking Water Reverse Osmosis Elements may be covered under the DOW FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Element Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty, 609-35010-1006 extended to OEMs. Such Limited Warranty is non- transferable. Contact a Dow representative for more information.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this Product Information Bulletin are not strictly followed, the Limited Warranty will be null and void. The OEM is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements. Use of any such chemicals or lubricants will void the Limited Warranty.
- These membranes may be subject to drinking water application restrictions in some countries: please check the application status before use and sale. These elements have not been through the French approval process for use in potable water.
|Product||Applied Pressure psig (bar)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (l/h)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
|TW30-1812-24||50 (3.4)||24 (3.8)||98|
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 150 psig (10 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate 2.0 gpm (7.6 lpm)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 – 11>
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI)5>
- Free Chlorine Tolerance< 0.1 ppm
- Under the sink water treatment
- Point-of-use reverse water treatment systems
- Production of home drinking water
Productive items that did the job well
Great customer support in handling these membranes!
Worked highly efficiently!