DOW FILMTEC XLE-4040 is the most productive, lowest pressure RO membrane available, delivering the lowest total system cost. It may be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- High flux results in high yields
- High rejection provides good water quality
- Filmtec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Applied Pressure psig (bar)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
|XLE-4040||154546||100 (6.9)||2,600 (9.8)||99|
New DOW FILMTEC™ XLE elements offer better system performance and economics by operating at very low applied pressure. XLE membrane, made with a patented technology, provides consistent and reliable system performance. And for added convenience, XLE elements are available in a dry state for rapid start-up (see Figure 1 on reverse). The new XLE series of elements replaces TW30LE elements which were made with an older membrane technology.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 13 psig (0.9 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
- Commercial Water treatment systems
- Food service
- Medical and research institutions
- Hospitality industry
We ordered large quantity and you were able to satisfy our need on time. Thanks!
Better prices here!