Overview: This medical grade brackish water treatment was engineered to reduce the TDS of municipal water for a Cosmetic Company in the US.
The model #TW-225K-5680 from our RO-500 Series was used in this plant
- Powder coated carbon steel frame
- (5) FRP pressure vessels codeline rated at 450 PSI with sanitary connections
- (30) 8" TFC spiral wound sea water membranes (Filmtec or Hydranautics)
- Pressure transmitter & gauges, (1) Rosemount conductivity meter on product line, ORP on feed line and pH on product line
- Low- & high-pressure switches, divert option.
- (2) Flow meters for reject and product line ProMass 83E
- High pressure pump CRN45-7 with 60 HP motor w/ VFD
- 5-micron pre-filter with SS housing (SSC-48-316)
- Flex I/O with 1794 AENT communication module
- All piping in 316 SS SCH 40 with sanitary tubing for product, reject in PVC
Water Concern: There are many forms of water that can be used in the medicinal industry varying from tap, distilled, deionized, and ultra-pure. Recognizing the differences of these water types and utilizing the most appropriate one is important to the formulation of medicinal and cosmetic products. Due to the nature of this industry, chemical reactions are of highest concern. While dealing with other chemical elements and products, access to non-reactive water is crucial for the industrial operations. Therefore, since this particular company manufactures a wide variety of products, they were looking to supply their operations with ultra-pure water.
Applied Solution: This brackish water treatment was recommended to purify municipal water for a cosmetic company. The system recommended includes pre-treatment prior to the RO unit to facilitate seamless operations. The pre-treatment begins with a carbon filter to remove chlorine and organics in the water. Next, an antiscalant dosing injection preps the water to reduce any scaling potential. Then, the water continues on to a cartridge filtration unit to remove any suspended solids present in the RO feed. Lastly, from the cartridge filter, the feed is pressurized into the RO system to produce 124 GPM and filtering 700 PPM TDS down to less than 20 PPM TDS.
Reverse Osmosis Brackish Water Treatment for Cosmetics 115 GPM...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designs and manufactures water treatment syste...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designed a reverse osmosis water filtration sy...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designed a brackish reverse osmosis unit for a...
Small footprint design is great and ease of installation made us run the system immediately on same day of delivery. Thumbs-up.