A reverse osmosis system is designed and built to remove high quantities of salts, suspended solids, and other contaminants from brackish water. A reverse osmosis system depends on a technology called “reverse osmosis” to help in producing purified water from brackish water. Reverse osmosis applies extreme pressure to the highly concentrated saline solution of a semi-permeable membrane, forcing salts, suspended solids , and other contaminants across the membrane, allowing only water molecules to be moved into the lower concentrated solution side. Salts, suspended solids, and other contaminants are blocked and dumped into the brine stream then into the drain. Finally, we will have clean, purified water emerging and ready to be collected on the lower end of the membrane.
- Location: CT, USA
- End-user: A major company
- Objective: To lower TDS
- Water Source: Municipal tap water
- Feed TDS: 500 ppm
- Plant Capacity: 22,000 GPD
- Pretreatments: Antiscalant chemical dosing systems
- Membranes: Hydranautics “ESPA1-4040”, Quantity 15
- Instruments: Flowmeters, conductivity meter, pressure gauges, and low & high pressure switches
- Control System: Microprocessor control panel
Estuaries and river openings are places where brackish water can be found. This type of water lies in between fresh water and seawater. It’s not as clean as fresh water, yet not so highly concentrated in salt as seawater. Even if it has a mild salt concentration, it is still not encouraged for consumption.
In October 2012, Pure Aqua, Inc. manufactured and supplied a commercial reverse osmosis system to a major company in CT, USA to lower TDS, and odor from municipal tap water. The system came equipped with chemical dosing systems for pretreatment. The system was designed to produce 22,000 GPD at a feed water TDS of a maximum 500 ppm, it was selected from our RO-300 series and came complete with a microprocessor control panel. Since the initial startup, the machine has been operating accordingly with minimal troubleshooting.
- Minimal civil work and construction
- Small footprint
- Plug and play installation
- High-quality components (Grundfos pumps, DOW Filmtec membranes, Codeline vessels, Pure Aqua microprocessor control panel)
- High recovery design
- High rejection membranes
- Low energy and chemical consumption
Commercial Reverse Osmosis System to Lower TDS - USA - Case Study [/custom-documents]
Pure Aqua, Inc. designs and manufactures water treatment syste...
The RO-300 series comes with many of standard features, includ...
Industrial Brackish Reverse Osmosis Machine 480 m³/day | Oman ...
Industrial Brackish Water Treatment for Power Plant 1,700 (m³/...
Our RO System was designed with permeate blend which controls the water quality very well