DOW FILMTEC™ LE 4040 product range are available to meet a wide variety of customer needs in commercial applications, from producing high purity water to delivering low total system costs. Dow’s fully automated element production enables the most consistent products in the industry that minimizes the total cost of ownership of water treatment systems. DOW FILMTEC LE-4040 delivers high performance at low pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
- High rejection results in excellent water quality
- Low energy usage reduces power consumption and costs
- durable with good cleanability for long element life
- Filmtec Performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Feed Spacer Thickness (mil)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
DOW FILMTEC™ brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent, outstanding system performance in light industrial applications.
- DOW FILMTEC LE-4040 delivers highest performance at lowest pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-4040 is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-2540 elements are designed for systems smaller than 1 gpm (0.2 m3/h) offering a hard shell exterior for extra strength.
Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate:4040 elements 16 gpm (3.6 m3/h)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate:2540 elements 6 gpm (1.4 m3/h)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 ppm
- Commercial water demineralization
After months of using these membrane, I can say they are cutting-edge products!
Will buy these membranes again!