Application: Water Reuse for Lumber Manufacturing
- Dow Integrapak IPD-51XP UF Module
- Chemical Enhanced Backwash
- Differential Pressure Switch
- Allen Bradley PLC
- Backwash Pump
- Air Scouring
- 150 Micron Automatic Backwash Screen Filter
- GF Motorized Valves
- Lower CAPEX
- Lower OPEX
- Better Filtrate Quality
- High Recovery Rates
- NSF/ANSI 61 UF Modules
- Water Recycle and Reuse
- Return on Investment in less than a year
Ultrafiltration is a form of filtration that uses membranes to separate different fluids or ions. Ultrafiltration is not as fine a filtration process as Nanofiltration, but it also does not require the same energy to perform the separation. Ultrafiltration uses membranes that are partially permeable to perform the separation, but the membrane pores are typically much larger than Nanofiltration membrane pores. TOC removal with ultrafiltration can reach up to 60%.
Water Challenges: Pure Aqua manufactured and supplied an industrial ultrafiltration system for the Northern part of the State of California to treat reclaimed water for lumber manufacturing. Our UF systems assist the lumber industry in attaining larger amounts of clean water to create and distribute the wood resources that people use everyday.
Applied Solution: Pure Aqua provides ultrafiltration systems to lumber manufacturers with the goal of ensuring our systems will purify and supply clean water (effluent) to be used during the manufacturing process once returned to nearby rivers. The ultrafiltration system is used as a pretreatment for RO and DI systems. The customer selected the UF to treat the reclaimed water to save the high cost of city water. It is projected that the customer will recover the cost of the equipment in less than 18 months.
- Superior filtration performance with high flux
- Very small nominal pore diameter (0.03 µm)
- Efficiently gets rid of bacteria and viruses
- Periodically back washed and air scoured to enhance overall performance and casting off the fouling layer to extend working life
- Low fouling membrane modules
- UF Outside-In or Inside-Out Configuration lets in reduced plugging and greater solids loading
- Basic, vertical, modular plan approves low cost, compact systems
- Effective membrane cleaning has a high chemical resistance and temperature tolerance
Ultrafiltration is a form of filtration that uses membranes to...
Water Recycling System | 15 GPM | USA | www.pureaqua.com Pure...
Pure Aqua, Inc. designs and manufactures water treatment syste...
Washdown Recycling Water System 30 GPM | Idaho, USA | www.pure...
It has been producing clean water from contaminated sources with great efficiency